The National History Bee and Bowl is pleased to announce that it will once again be holding its annual Connecticut History Bee and Bowl at Newtown High School in Sandy Hook, CT on Saturday, March 4, 2017. This tournament will run on our B Set of questions, and it is open to out of state teams and students as long as they have not played the question set. For further details, please contact the Tournament Coordinator, Mohan Malhotra, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and we hope you and your team will be able to join us!
Note: During lunch, we will administer the National Qualifying Exams for the US Geography Olympiad and the US History Bee. Students can take both exams and register for them either in advance or at the tournament itself; each costs $10. Students who are taking one exam are recommended to have someone else get lunch for them. Students who plan on taking both exams should definitely plan on having someone get lunch for them.
March 04, 2017
- 8:30Doors Open, Check-In Begins
- 8:55Please Arrive By This Time!
- 9:05Opening Meeting
- 9:40History Bowl Round 1
- 10:20History Bowl Round 2
- 11:00History Bowl Round 3
- 11:45History Bee Opening Meeting / Snack Break (you need to bring your own snacks)
- 12:00History Bee Round 1
- 12:30History Bee Round 2
- 12:55History Bee Round 3
- 1:15Lunch / US Geography Olympiad / US History Bee Qualifying Exam
- 2:20History Bowl Round 4
- 3:00History Bowl Round 5
- 3:45History Bee Finals
- 4:30History Bowl Quarterfinals / JV Semifinals
- 5:05History Bowl Semifinals / JV Finals
- 5:40History Bowl Finals
- 1: Newtown A
- 2: Newtown B
- 3: Tuxedo Park A #
- 4: Tuxedo Park B #