The National History Bee and Bowl is delighted to announce that it will be holding the 2017 Los Angeles History Bee and Bowl at the Burbank Campus of the International School of Los Angeles in Burbank, CA on Saturday, April 8 (and not on March 25 as first reported!). This tournament does not require prior qualification. This tournament will run on our B Set of questions this year, and it is open to all teams and students, including those from out of state, as long as they have not played the question set. For further details, please contact the Tournament Coordinator, Niki Peters, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and we hope you and your team will be able to join us!
Note: During lunch, we will administer the National Qualifying Exams for the US Geography Olympiad / International Geography Bee and the US History Bee. Students can take both exams and register for them either in advance or at the tournament itself; each costs $10. Students who are taking one exam are recommended to have someone else get lunch for them. Students who plan on taking both exams should definitely plan on having someone get lunch for them.
April 08, 2017
- 9:15Doors Open, Check-In Begins
- 9:35Please Arrive By This Time!
- 9:50Opening Meeting
- 10:20History Bowl Round 1
- 10:55History Bowl Round 2
- 11:30History Bowl Round 3
- 12:05Lunch / US Geography Olympiad / US History Bee Qualifying Exam
- 1:00History Bee Opening Meeting
- 1:20History Bee Round 1
- 1:50History Bee Round 2
- 2:15History Bee Round 3
- 2:45History Bowl Round 4
- 3:20History Bowl Round 5
- 4:00History Bee Finals
- 4:45History Bowl Quarterfinals / JV Semis
- 5:20History Bowl Semifinals / JV Finals
- 5:50History Bowl Finals
- 1: Intl. School of Los Angeles A
- 2: Intl. School of Los Angeles B
- 3: Los Alamitos
- 4: Francis W. Parker