The National History Bee and Bowl is pleased to announce it will be holding the inaugural Great Lakes International History Bee and Bowl on Saturday, April 1 on our NHBB B Set of questions at Iroquois High School in Elma, New York. This tournament is open to all schools who haven’t played our B Set of questions, including students and schools from Canada as the B Set does not overlap at all with the IHBB Canada Regionals set or Championships set. Note, however, that this set will still be 40-50% US history with only a few Canadian history questions, as is standard for an NHBB set.
For further details, please contact the Tournament Coordinator, Marshall Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks, and we hope you and your team will be able to join us!
Note: During lunch or (if held after school) before the tournament begins, we will administer the National Qualifying Exams for the US Geography Olympiad and the US History Bee. Students can take both exams and register for them either in advance or at the tournament itself; each costs $10. Students who are taking one exam are recommended to have someone else get lunch for them. Students who plan on taking both exams should definitely plan on having someone get lunch for them.
April 01, 2017
- 9:00Doors Open, Check-In Begins
- 9:20Please Arrive By This Time!
- 9:35Opening Meeting
- 10:00History Bowl Round 1
- 10:40History Bowl Round 2
- 11:15History Bowl Round 3
- 11:55History Bee Opening Meeting / Snack Break (bring your own snacks)
- 12:15History Bee Round 1
- 12:40History Bee Round 2
- 1:05History Bee Round 3
- 1:30Lunch / US Geography Olympiad / US History Bee Qualifying Exam
- 2:30History Bowl Round 4
- 3:05History Bowl Round 5
- 3:45History Bee Finals
- 4:25History Bowl Semifinals
- 5:00History Bowl Finals
- 1: Iroquois A
- 2: Iroquois B
- 3: University of Toronto Schools #
- 4: Amherst (expressed interest)