The National History Bee and Bowl is pleased to announce that its 2017 Michigan History Bee and Bowl will be held at the University of Michigan on Saturday, February 11. This tournament does not require prior qualification. This tournament will run on our C Set of questions this year, and it is open to all teams and students, including those from out of state, as long as they have not played the question set. For further details, please contact the Tournament Coordinator, Mohan Malhotra, at email@example.com Thanks, and we hope you and your team will be able to join us!
Note: Exact details as to where the tournament will take place on the University of Michigan campus will be conveyed to participants at least three days prior to the event.
Note: During lunch, we will administer the National Qualifying Exams for the US Geography Olympiad and the US History Bee. Students can take both exams and register for them either in advance or at the tournament itself; each costs $10. Students who are taking one exam are recommended to have someone else get lunch for them. Students who plan on taking both exams should definitely plan on having someone get lunch for them.
February 11, 2017
- 8:15Doors Open, Check-In Begins
- 8:45Please Arrive By This Time!
- 8:55Opening Meeting
- 9:25History Bowl Round 1
- 10:05History Bowl Round 2
- 10:40History Bowl Round 3
- 11:25History Bee Opening Meeting
- 11:45History Bee Round 1
- 12:15History Bee Round 2
- 12:45History Bee Round 3
- 1:10Lunch / US Geography Olympiad / US History Bee Qualifying Exam
- 2:15History Bowl Round 4
- 2:50History Bowl Round 5
- 3:30History Bee Finals
- 4:15History Bowl Quarterfinals / JV Semifinals
- 4:50History Bowl Semifinals / JV Finals
- 5:25History Bowl Finals
- 1: Troy
- 2: Detroit Catholic Central A
- 3: Detroit Catholic Central B
- 4: Detroit Catholic Central C
- 5: Northville #
- 6: Team Homeschool (expressed interest)