Dear NHBB & USGO Students, Coaches, Parents, and Teams,
Thanks for coming to the 2017 New England History Bee and Bowl Championships! Thanks to ConVal Regional High School for hosting, to Eric Bowman for his help in coordinating the hosting arrangements and for directing, and to everyone who helped with reading and scorekeeping throughout the day.
Congratulations to Lexington A for triumphing in the History Bowl! Congratulations also go to Colin Cantwell of Lexington and Vincent Fan of Phillips Academy for their victories in the Varsity and JV History Bees! I hope that you and your students enjoyed the competition; if you have any feedback on how things went or questions about the day, please just let me know.
Our 2017 National Championships will be held on April 21-23 in April in Arlington, VA and Washington, DC. Registration is now open for the National History Bee and Bowl and US History Bee and for the US Geography Olympiad and International Geography Bee. Registration is closing soon!
Thanks so much and hope to see many of you at Nationals in April!
April 08, 2017
- 8:45Doors Open, Check-In Begins
- 9:15Please Arrive By This Time!
- 9:25Opening Meeting
- 9:55History Bowl Round 1
- 10:35History Bowl Round 2
- 11:10History Bowl Round 3
- 11:50History Bee Opening Meeting
- 12:05History Bee Round 1
- 12:30History Bee Round 2
- 12:55History Bee Round 3
- 1:20Lunch / US Geography Olympiad / US History Bee Qualifying Exam
- 2:15History Bowl Round 4
- 2:50History Bowl Round 5
- 3:30History Bowl Round 6
- 4:20History Bee Finals
- 4:55History Bowl Semifinals/Finals(if needed)
- 1: ConVal A
- 2: ConVal B
- 3: Phillips Academy Andover
- 4: Lexington A
- 5: Plymouth Regional (registration pending)
- 6: SABIS International Charter (expressed interest)