Registration is now open for tournaments for the 2014-2015 school year that have a finalized date. Please note that registration and participation in The National History Bee and Bowl implies the acceptance of the following policies:
1. IMPORTANT! You must register by 6pm Eastern Time on the Wednesday before the tournament in which you are planning on competing.
If you miss the registration deadline, email the Tournament Coordinator listed on that event to see if additional registrations are accepted.
2. Online Registration is REQUIRED for the Bowl, but not for the Bee, US History Bee, or US Geography Olympiad. (Registration for those events can be done on-site).
3. Schools are required to bring at least one coach/parent/other adult in order to read and keep score or pay a $50 penalty fee. Schools must bring one reader for every two teams they bring, with a minimum of one reader per school. Penalty fees are assessed by school, but vary by number of teams; i.e. a school with 3 teams and no reader pays $100 in penalty fees. Please do not make us have to enforce this rule!
4. You do not have to have your rosters finalized, nor do you have to specify which students are doing the Bee, US History Bee, or US Geography Olympiad until the morning of the tournament.
5. Teams do not need official school approval and are permitted to register using a pseudonym if this would help circumvent useless bureaucracy. However, all teams must consist of students from the same school, even if the school is not sponsoring the team. The only exceptions to this are 1) our homeschool policy and 2) non-magnet public high schools may have students from their feeder middle schools play together with their students on a team.
6. Registration for the Bowl will not be accepted via email or any other means. All Bowl teams must register at this site.
7. An official invoice and confirmation will be emailed to you upon submission.
8.Payment must be made via check (made payable to “National History Bee and Bowl”) or cash the day of the tournament. Please refer to the pricing structure below. For all tournaments in the October 2014-March 2015 competition season, all payments MUST be made at the tournament site – we do not accept payments sent by mail in advance!
You may write one check to cover all fees for the Bowl, Bee, and US History Bee. All fees for the US Geography Olympiad should be separate and made out to "United States Geography Olympiad", or be made in cash.
9. Teams may consist of 1-6 students. Discounts will be given for teams consisting of only one or two students.
10. For any questions pertaining to registration matters, contact the Tournament Coordinator for the State or Regional Bowl that you are planning on attending. A list of Tournament Coordinators and their emails can be found here.
11. IMPORTANT! We have a specific set of policies regarding late payment of fees. Please read them here! Registering and participating in our tournaments means that you have contractually accepted the late fee policy.
National History Bee
The National History Bee is a buzzer-based event for individuals held before lunch. More information about the National History Bee can be found here.
US History Bee
The US History Bee Regional Qualifying Exam is a 50-question multiple choice test administered during lunch. More information about the US History Bee can be found here.
US Geography Olympiad
The US Geography Olympiad Regional Qualifying Exam is a 50-question multiple choice test administered during lunch. More information about the US Geography Olympiad can be found here.
How Did You Hear About Us?
Cost SummaryTotal Teams: (0) $0
Total Buzzer Discounts: (0) $0
Total Single Person Discounts: (0) $0
Total Two Person Discounts: (0) $0
Total Individual Events: (0) $0
Total Cost: $0