-Welcome to the Registration page for the National History Bowl! Registration is now open for tournaments for the 2012-2013 school year that have a finalized date. Please keep the following in mind:
1. Online Registration is REQUIRED for the Bowl; you must register by 6pm Eastern Time on the Thursday before the Saturday tournament in which you plan on competing. If you wish to compete, but can only give us confirmation that you can come on the Friday before the tournament, please email the Executive Director to see if this is still possible.
2. Schools are required to bring at least one coach/parent/other adult in order to read and keep score or pay a $50 penalty fee. Schools bringing three or four teams must bring two readers/scorekeepers; schools bringing five or more teams must bring three readers/scorekeepers. Penalty fees are assessed by school, but vary by number of teams; i.e. a school with 3 teams and no reader pays $100 in penalty fees. Please do not make us have to enforce this rule!
3. When schools register students for the Bee, they do not have to specify which students will be competing on their teams.
4. Teachers and coaches must provide a valid school-based email address or be willing to confirm their identity through a brief phone call at the school where they work. Each school must designate ONE official contact person. This can be a teacher, administrator, or academic team coach, but cannot be a parent unless that parent works at the school or if your students are homeschooled.
5. Registration is only available online through this site; you will receive an official invoice with a confirmation number at the email address you provide.
6. Payment may be made via check (made payable to “National History Bee and Bowl”) or cash the day of the tournament. Regional and state tournaments still cost $75 per team for the 2012-2013 year, with a $5 buzzer discount per system that you bring. If paying by check, please send all payments to:
The National History Bee and Bowl
P.O. Box 875
Tenafly, NJ 07670
You CAN write out one check for your total for both the Bee and Bowl though the registrations and invoices are processed separately. Please DO NOT send payment less than a week before the tournament, in this case just bring the check or cash to the tournament. All payments must be received before the start of play at the State tournament in which your school is competing begins. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
7. If you know in advance you will have just 2 students on a team, you can play for $50, rather than $75. If you know in advance you will have just 1 student on a team, that student can play for $25. This registration form does not have an option to select that, so if you need a revised invoice reflecting the amounts for teams of 1 or 2 students, please contact email@example.com
8. For any questions pertaining to registration matters, contact the Tournament Coordinator for the State or Regional Bowl that you are planning on attending. A list of Tournament Coordinators and their emails can be found here.