Please see the link to our Guide for Schools, Students, and Teams which has valuable study tips and other information that can help you in your preparations. This has helpful information for everyone, including veteran players and schools too.
The above Study Guide can help you prepare for the National History Bee and Bowl, especially when used in conjunction with the Practice Questions available at http://www.hsapq.com/samples Please see Tournaments 20, 24, 26, 27, 30, 37-40, 46-49 for our past question sets which are your best guide to seeing what topics we ask about, and how our questions are structured.
Click on Tournaments 50 and 51 for samples of the US History Bee (a separate NHBB-run all-US History competition). US History Bee National Qualifying Exams and the US History Bee National Championships questions from 2015 onwards are found here.
NHBB question sets used since the fall of 2014 are found in the links below.
- Sample Match Videos
- 2016 Nationals Question Sets
- 2015-2016 Question Sets
- 2015 Nationals Question Sets
- 2014-2015 Question Sets
- National History Bowl Rules Sheet
- History Bowl Scoresheet
- National History Bee Rules Sheet (this is a summary – see the Official Rules tab for the full Rules)
- High School Division Guide
- The Official NHBB Guide to Quiz Bowl Resources
- Bee Prelim score sheet
- Intramural History Quiz 2013 – Gateway College, Sri Lanka
- Questions from the Sri Lankan Interschool Quiz Competition 2013
Notes from ACE Quizbowl Camp History Courses Taught by NHBB Executive Director, David Madden
Please note, these notes do not distinguish between basic, intermediate, and advanced material, an important distinction when preparing.