Please see the link to our Guide for New Schools, Students, and Teams which has valuable study tips and other information that can help you in your preparations. This has helpful information for everyone, including veteran players and schools too.
The above Study Guide can help you prepare for the National History Bee and Bowl, especially when used in conjunction with the past NHBB question sets available at http://www.hsapq.com/samples
Click on Tournaments 24, 37, and 46 for samples of an A Set tournament
Click on Tournament 26, 38, and 47 for samples of a B Set tournament
Click on Tournament 27, 39, and 48 for samples of a C Set tournament
Click on Tournaments 20, 31, and 49 for samples of our National Championships.
Click on Tournaments 50 and 51 for samples of the US History Bee (a separate NHBB-run all-US History competition)
- National History Bowl Rules Sheet (this is a summary – see the Official Rules tab for the full Rules)
- The Official NHBB Guide to Quiz Bowl Resources
- Official History Bowl Scoresheet (useful for practices)
- Intramural History Quiz 2013 – Gateway College, Sri Lanka
- Questions from the Sri Lankan Interschool Quiz Competition 2013
Notes from ACE Quizbowl Camp History Courses Taught by NHBB Executive Director, David Madden
Please note, these notes do not distinguish between basic, intermediate, and advanced material, an important distinction when preparing.